Sunday, December 06, 2009

Murderland

Charcoal, Graphite, Acrylic Paint, Photoshop
9.5 x 11.5"
AD: Lisa Van Horn

Just completed this illo for the Baltimore mag, the Urbanite.
Always wanted to work for them since first seeing my teachers' (Cornel Rubino, Warren Linn) work being published during school.
The piece is for a book review about the rising rates of homicides in America. I did a ton of sketching and redrawing, but its always worth it in the end.
Should hit the stands in January!

I'll be posting the page layout soon.

5 comments:

Kali Ciesemier said...

Heyo!! I'll be looking out for it! :) I think the face and the background texture around the face are especially nice looking.

Jeremy Enecio said...

sweeet! i actually didn't notice the cityscape at first, which made it extra awesome when i did realize it wasn't just blood. loving your use of texture too.

i wonder though if the buildings could have a bit less of a crisp edge as they dont really mesh with the natural media. in any case, this is an awesome image.

ed said...

Thanks for the feedback, friends. I'll be posting the layout soon.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

rina said...

this looks so cool. I love it. great colours as well.